HOW TO VOLUNTEER
Volunteers Make a Difference.
Sexual assault is a crime that often leaves its victims feeling confused, embarrassed, angry, guilty, helpless and frightened. The emotional impact of sexual assault does not disappear. Talking about feelings with someone who cares and understands the impact of rape can help. No one should have to to face it alone.
You Can Help By:
- Being there to support someone in crisis.
- Listening and offering help to someone in crisis.
- Educating the public on the subject of sexual assault.
What’s In It For Me?
- Volunteerism is a way to act on an issue that is important to you.
- You will learn strong communication and active listening skills.
- You can feel satisfaction knowing that you can help a person through a difficult time.
- You can battle wrong by defending what’s right.
- You can fulfill community service hours.
Volunteer hours are flexible and can be worked around your schedule.